A few weeks ago a beautiful woman by the name of Kim Critzer of 3 Wishes Studio (you should pop over for a read of her beautiful blog also!) nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award. Kim has been a lovely follower of my blog from the very start, regularly popping in and leaving me thoughtful, kind and encouraging comments along the way. I was really surprised to receive such a kind gesture as this. It really touched me though and made my heart flutter because it is validation that I am inspiring others through my words, images and inspiration that I post here.
I began this blog initially with the thought of sharing my new adventure into creating my own artwork. However, after posting just a couple of posts I realized it was more than this. I was really enjoying writing. Writing freely from within. It was like I’d finally managed to keep a personal diary. I had been trying to do this as a matter of fact ever since I was 7 years old. I loved the idea of a diary. I just never managed to write in it more than 3 times a year! It’s kinda funny though as I tend to write without any insecurities in here, as if no one else is reading this. BUT, hellooooo, there are many others reading this! I don’t know why I feel so comfortable here in this little blog of mine, but I do. I really enjoy just being with my thoughts in here.
Now with this honor comes a few rules. The first being that I’m required to share 7 things about myself.
- I’m quite self-conscious and can be quite shy too. I feel a real buzz among a new crowd of people and I love meeting new people. I enjoy being inspired, hearing stories and making new connections. I just feel so intimidated though when I enter such a space or group, alone. Yet, I can happily strike up a conversation with just about anyone. I know, it’s weird, a total contradiction.
- I love to cook and entertain for my friends and family. I’d happily spend hours reading my collection of cook books, write a shopping list and then enjoy spending half a day going around to suppliers to collect my goodies, talking to people along my way. And then finally home, music on and cooking away in the kitchen. I feel totally relaxed in the kitchen and it takes me to a similar place of relaxation that my art does. I also just love doing for someone else and the gesture of preparing and sharing a meal is one of the most simple and enjoyable ways I know to do this.
- I love nothing more than walking with my head in the clouds. Just simply enjoying the fresh air and thinking about nothing in particular. Like my love of yoga, it is my stress release. Walking on the beach is my all time favorite. There’s something so sensual and awakening when walking along a beach. Walking allows me to free my mind and reconnect my body, heart and soul.
- As a child I’d sneak into the pantry and eat spoonfuls of honey!
- I’m scared of the dark…still.
- Yellow is my all time favorite colour. I still remember my favorite yellow dress and not wanting to wear anything else. My Mum was terribly disappointed at my Christening (I was 5, I know rather late to be Christened) when I decided to ditch my Christening gown (I think Mum had spent hours sourcing fabric and sewing it for the occasion) for my fun,happy, shoe string, yellow dress. I remember my mood changed instantly, happy, happy, happy.
- My 3 boys; Michael, Tully and Flynn, our family and my dearest friends mean the world to me. Life is empty without the ability to share it with those treasured souls you cherish every step of the way.
The next rule involves me nominated a further 7 bloggers that I feel are worthy of the Versatile Blogger Award. This is so hard as I (who didn’t know what a blog was 3 years ago) have many blogs I enjoy reading regularly. These are in no particular order and please don’t be offended if your name isn’t here, as I wish I could list you all.
- Spaark: Artistically Afflicted by Julie Hamilton.
- A Life Less Frantic by Kelly Exeter
- Malini Parker Visual Artist by Malini Parker
- Louise Gale by Louise Gale
- The Butterfly Collector by Shae Reid
- Art Love & Joy by Wini Dougall
- Made by Mosey by Madeleine Sargent
For those of you nominated, and wishing to play along, here are the Rules:
1. In a post on your blog, nominate 7 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award.
2. In the same post, add the Versatile Blogger Award.
3. In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
4. In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
5. In the same post, include this set of rules.
6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.
I hope that you will take some time and visit each of these blogs, they make my world happy, and I want to spread the love. Tell them Kim sent you.
Thank-you Kim for all of your wonderful support.